Wednesday 7 May 2008

Gervais planning Extras spin-off?

Gervais planning Extras spin-off?



Ricky Gervais may be provision an Extras byproduct starring Stephen Merchant's dopey agentive role and Barry from 'EastEnders' as a geminate of bumbling crimefighters.
The BBC funniness ended after iI serial and a Christmastide special.
Only actor Shaun Williamson, world Health Organization played Barry, revealed that Gervais had come up with another mind for his character reference and useless factor Darren Charles Lamb (Merchant).
He told wireless station Nerve: "I would feature loved another 10 series of 'Extras' merely I tin whole read them wanting to call it a day.
"The one thing we did bandy around, half in joke and half in earnest, was the idea of a by-product for my character Barry and the agent. Ricky thought they could go around in a camper van solving crimes or something."
He added: "That's strictly on the backburner for now as Ricky is occupy in Hollywood at the minute. I'd jump at the chance to exercise with him over again."
Williamson said he nearly turned fine-tune the 'Extras' use. "I sentiment for around 10 proceedings around non pickings it and then I realised I power never sustain the chance to work with Ricky and Sir Leslie Stephen again.
"I am so proud to give birth been involved with 'Extras' and I keister infer them wanting to finish it.
"They've got so very much to a greater extent going for them and I think they take in got a great motion picture in them to make, whether it's an 'Extras' film or just a great Brits film, and I'm for sure they'll stimulate it."




Barrence Whitfield